We all really need the example of María Corina Machado in order to alter the path that this assault of authoritarianism is taking. It gives me hope to know that people everywhere who need to devise ways of working for democracy will be able to learn from her efforts.
The price of peace is very high. We have to work at it all the time.
I was disappointed when she told a person who believed he should have gotten the prize that she was accepting it in honor of him, but after some reflection I think that by doing so she might have, as women so often do in families, simply being a peacemaker. Smart women have been known to sacrifice their egos for a greater good.
And I have a feeling that we might see safer waters for fishing boats, at least for a while.
Friday, October 10, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment