Monday, June 09, 2025

Taking Stock

I decided yesterday to "take stock" and count the number of arrangements I have made for string orchestra over the years. And then I continued to count. Here is my "inventory" to date:
190 arrangements for string orchestra
178 arrangements for string quartet
Six original pieces for string orchestra

Some of these are among the 128 arrangements of various pieces for various instruments that are on this page of the IMSLP, and the rest I share privately (in a way that doesn't involve money) with people who want to use them with their ensembles (please send me an email if you are interested in the link).

I have 81 pieces published by Subito, including three orchestral pieces, two operas, and a piece for large wind ensemble. Most of it is chamber music, solo instrumental pieces with piano, and a few sets of songs.

I have three pieces for published by Jeanne, and three songs published by North Star.

I have four books of solo violin and viola studies published by Mel Bay and four solo flute studies (two junior and two senior) that I wrote for the ILMEA (Illinois Music Teachers Association) auditions.

I also have a piece for cello and piano forthcoming in an anthology published by Schott, and a piece for solo viola that I will put into the IMSLP after it is premiered on June 21 by Michael Hall.

That new piece will join the 177 pieces of music that I make available in the IMSLP.
I have a bunch of string orchestra arrangements in the works to play next summer, and, hopefully, will come up with some ideas for new original pieces.

No comments: