A friend asked me to make an arrangement of this song from 1967 a couple of weeks ago. So I did. And now I'm working on another one for Summer Strings 2026.
I just can't seem to stop working on it, and even though I have other musical distractions going on concurrently (The Rite of Spring, for example, which I'm performing on Saturday, and for the very first time), this song always bubbles up to the surface of my consciousness.
Sometimes it mixes with "The Glorification of the Chosen One" in Part II of The Rite of Spring, which is very interesting.
The Fiddler song seems, somehow, to be surging through the bloodstream of the entire world right now. It's opening rhythm is like a pulse that cannot be turned off. (I can't help but be sensitive to these things.)
I'm hoping that when I am finished with the arrangement it will magically leave my head.
Right.
I'm also hoping that the disgusting amount of greed (did somebody say insider trading?) that has been darkening what seems like every corner of the world these days will magically recede into the background and be replaced with generosity, fairness, and good will. And while we're at it could I make a small request for having the kind of goverment that makes it possible for people to live decent lives without fear of being deported for no reason?
Thursday, April 10, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ok, Elaine, it's in my head now. You should be free of it. I played mandolin and guitar in the pit so I can live with it. Can't help with the rest, sorry.
"If I were a rich man, I would screw the poor and inside trade all day..."
Thank you. It helps to share the wealth.🙃
Post a Comment