Saturday, May 04, 2024

The Juilliard MAP Concert tonight includes my "Adoration" transcription

The string players of the Music Advancement Program at Juilliard will be including my transcription of Florence Price's "Adoration" on their Alice Tully Hall concert tonight. MAP is a tuition-free Saturday program that serves local (to New York City) students. MAP reminds me of the Settlement Music School which began in early twentieth-century Philadelphia.

In addition to the Price, the string ensemble, conducted by Catherine Berke, will be playing music by Mendelssohn, Giddens, and Shostakovich.

The concert is at 8:00 New York time, which means 7:00 for me. The performance will stream live through this page on the Juilliard website, but it will not be archived.

6 comments:

ksh said...

Congratulations, Elaine!

Elaine Fine said...

Thanks, Kevin! I'm looking forward to hearing the kids play their hearts out (they know that I will be listening).

Elaine Fine said...

It looks like it isn’t being live-streamed after all. I’m sorry for anyone who tried to listen. I hope the performance went well.

ksh said...

Elaine! It is being live streamed! It went very well, indeed! Congratulations!

ksh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine Fine said...

We waited and waited, and nothing happened. I’m glad you got to see it.