Saturday, October 06, 2012

Playing by the Rules?

From Thursday night's debate rules:
"No props, notes, charts, diagrams or other writings can be used by the candidates; however, they can take notes on the type of paper of their choosing."
Now watch this:



Do you think that whatever Romney took out of his pocket and slyly placed on the podium while he was looking up and passing by the audience was a piece of flexible paper he wanted to take notes on? I don't think so. I also don't think that he imagined a camera would be trained him while he did it.

His campaign people have dismissed this as really being a handkerchief, which does makes sense, since a handkerchief is flexible and can curl up in your pocket. He could, however, have had notes written on said handkerchief. Sure, singers and fiddle players often bring handkerchiefs on stage with them, but they do not lay them out flat so that you could, if you wanted to, read what might be written on them. And if I were to cheat in such a way, I would make sure to mop my brow or cough into the handkerchief, and then slip it back into my pocket.

No comments: