Wednesday, May 24, 2023

From the archives

While poking around in the garage last week I came across a file folder of pieces I wrote during the twentieth century, before I knew that I had the necessary skills to write music. I was deligted to find that at least two of them, with a few revisions here and there, were worth sharing. I engraved them with Finale, made some covers, and have put them into the IMSLP.
[1996]
You can listen to the interludes here, and the IMSLP link for this piece is here.
[1995]
The IMSLP link for this piece is here.

I also found these watercolors, which aren't bad. But I'm glad that the creative path I eventually took went in the direction of things musical rather than things visual.


This is one of Pierrot Lunaire noticing a fleck of moonlight coming in through the window on his jacket. This troubles him so much that he spends all night trying to rub it off.

Here's Arnold Schoenberg's setting of a German translation by Otto Erich Hartleben of Albert Giraud's poem.

No comments: