Saturday, May 07, 2022

Masked Corks in Socks (Variation on a Theme)

[click for a larger image]

Socks, it turns out, do stretch out, so the Musical Assumptions test kitchens have been at work all week trying household objects to fix the problem of stability.

I tried using rubber bands and toothpicks to secure the corks into rows, but they didn't work as well as I hoped. Glue works much better (but you really do have to wait for it to dry, and I would advise using a strong glue).

I was disappointed that the cork-filled plain mask didn't work, but that would be too easy, right? It is also not very attractive, and it doesn't feel terribly comfortable.

KN94 and KN95 masks are perfect for glued six-cork stacks, but they are too short for glued eight-cork stacks. I found that it works perfectly well to cut off the ends of a KN94 mask, tape the mask shut, and insert it into a single sock.

[This is a variation of of the "DIY Corks in Socks Shoulder Rest" post I made last week.]

No comments: