Sunday, February 20, 2022

The fruit of things unseen

Around the beginning of the pandemic, I planted a dried-up piece of ginger. I was surprised that it grew to be a nice plant, and even more suprised when it gave me a few tiny orchid-like flowers. Then, after more than two years, the leaves and stalks turned brown. Today, nearly three years (!!!) after planting, I dug up a root (which had some new shoots on it that I left in the pot). I ate a slice this morning, and made soup with some for lunch. It tasted incredible!
Today's harvest reminds me that are good things that come from nurturing what you cannot see, trusting that there will be a time that is right to dig them up, and intuitively responding to the feeling that the right time has arrived.

On another note (no pun intended, but I chuckled anyway), all the piano practicing I have been doing has started to give me rewards as well.

And during today's walk Michael and I had the feeling of being outdoors in spring (we were over-dressed).

Perhaps things are looking up.

No comments: