Sunday, March 15, 2020

A Giant Chorus of Solo Bach

I vividly remember the first few minutes after giving birth to our daughter. I felt a momentary sense sisterhood with all mothers, everywhere, and through all time. Even across species.

Other times when I have felt profound connections to people I did not know have been observing natural wonders, like a sudden rainstorm in a city, or a rainbow, or experiencing music together as part of an audience.

But for the next few weeks I intend to savor my connection with other musicians, urban and rural, accomplished and aspiring, famous and not known at all, as part of a giant chorus of solo Bach, played on all instruments, in every country, and at all times of day and night.

2 comments:

VicDiesel said...

You gave me an idea. Earlier today I broadcast Bach's solo sonate for flute/recorder on RPAN: the Reddit Public Access Network. I coming days I will likewise do the Telemann suites.

Elaine Fine said...

Excellent! I will seek it out and listen!