Monday, August 11, 2014

Radio Silence

It might be a while before I put up another music-related post because I am overwhelmed with communications with family and friends in the aftermath of an auto accident my brother Marshall had this past Thursday. He is in critical condition with injuries to his brain.  Yesterday, after seeing him in the hospital, we drove to Horse Cave, Kentucky to remove the contents from the vehicle he was driving. Today I am trying to alleviate worry with as much hope as I can muster. People do recover from such accidents, and he is under excellent care.

He came to visit last summer, and Michael filmed us playing some Stamitz:



I have been posting news about Marshall on Facebook (which is where his closest friends communicate).  If you look me up on Facebook you can read the posts I make there (I keep them public).

2 comments:

Lisa Hirsch said...

I'm so sorry, Elaine. I will be thinking of Marshall and your whole family.

Anonymous said...

Mi shebeirach --
May the One who blessed our fore-bearers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, and Leah, bless and heal Marshall brother of Elaine. May the Holy Blessed One overflow with compassion upon him,
to restore him, to heal him, to strengthen him, to enliven him.
We pray with all of us, and all of Israel, and with this we say Omein.