Sunday, December 07, 2008

Artists Corps? Sign me up!

Barack Obama is planning to have classical music performances at the White House, and, according to Clef Notes, his National Arts Policy Committee suggests an "Artists Corps" to work with students in low income areas.

I have always considered it a personal obligation to do what I can in my community to help introduce people to classical music. I have found that adults can sometimes resist, but if you catch people when they are young enough, and you don't require them to have talent in order to participate in the process of discovering it, classical music can be a comfort, a source of stimulation, and a life long passion. If anyone from this incipient "Artists Corps" finds her or his way to this blog, drop me a note and let me know how to sign up.

No comments: