As part of my healing process I made an arrangement for string quartet of the viola d'amore trio I wrote about the other day. Amid the physical chaos of recovering from a stem cell transplant (building bone marrow and an immune system takes a great deal of energy) and the chaos happening in the outside world (the world outside of our house, our family, and our friends), I am continually surprised to hear good nature and optimism coming out of my musical subconscious. I like to remind myself that humanity and the expression of what it is to be human is something that cannot be destroyed, no matter how hard some people (for reasons I do not understand) try to obliterate what is beautiful, good, and just.
[You can listen here.]
You can find the score and parts for these good-natured Italianate pieces here, and on this page of the IMSLP.
Friday, August 14, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment