Monday, February 27, 2023

Inching along

I am in the beginning stages of an exciting project involving Mary Shelley and the exploration of the inner musical life of her creation (the creature). It is quite an adventure, to say the least.

And to feed my insatiable desire for rye, I now can make rye bread that I slice thin and dry in the oven. I actually prefer it to Ryvita, so I claim victory.

There’s something deeply satisfying about being able to make stuff yourself. Baking with rye flour is challenging. But it is a lot easier than writing music, and somewhat easier than learning orchestra music (Mendelssohn’s “Elijah” this week).

It has been pretty much practice, read, practice, write, walk (or do Pilates), practice, write, rehearse, sleep, rinse, and repeat these days (with some quality movie-watching time with Michael tucked in here and there).  



No comments: