Monday, August 15, 2022

If I could only post the flavor . . .

Words and pictures fail, but I'll do my best:

Some fresh tomatoes (brought over yesterday by a student's grandmother) cut into pieces

Some fresh basil (from a plant on the window sill)

Some good, strong, grated parmesan

Two Ryevita crackers, broken into pieces. I imagine that non-rye crackers or croutons would do, but I love these rye crackers, and think that their amazing taste in context is what makes this salad sing.

Some extra-virgin olive oil

Some white balsamic vinegar

I had this for lunch yesterday, and will have it for lunch tomorrow, and maybe even the next day.

3 comments:

ksh said...

Mmm. I have tomatoes and basil in the garden and just baked some rye bread that I can make croutons with. I never think of rye bread with something like this. Thanks.

Elaine Fine said...

You will not be disappointed!

ksh said...

You were right. We were not disappointed. Thanks!