Monday, January 11, 2021

British Composer Lucy Hale

Before I learned of her death (from Covid-19 at the age of twenty-six) today, I had never heard of the very fine British composer Lucy Hale. I have been listening to some of her music here on Soundcloud, and feel so sad. To write music of this quality before the age of twenty-six is remarkable. To write music of this quality at any age is remarkable. I hope her music will be available (for publication or for upload into the IMSLP by her friends, family, and colleagues). I found a list of some of her works.
[Click for a larger view]

N.B. There happens to be a Lucy Hale who is an actress and pop music singer (same year of birth, but very different trajectory because of many factors), who has a huge on-line presence, which makes this Lucy Hale harder to find in the internets.

JANUARY 12th UPDATE: Here is a wonderful tribute to Lucy Hale by Becky Morris Knight of Drake Music.

No comments: