Friday, August 01, 2008

Free String Orchestra Arrangements

Yup. I have a bunch of string orchestra arrangements that I made for our Summer Strings program. Many of them are arrangements that would be illegal to sell because they are arrangements of works that are not in the public domain, and won't be there for at least a lifetime. They are arrangements that make people happy, and inspire young people to practice. They are simply not doing anyone any good sitting here as PDF files on my computer, waiting until next summer for their chance to come to life. I cannot put a list here for fear of getting into trouble (yes there are pieces of music from films that are, have been, and will always be popular with children). If you send me an e-mail (elainefine *at* gmail *dot* com), I'll send you some PD PDF files and some non PD PDF files

July 2011 UPDATE: Three years after making this post the number of string orchestra arrangements I have made has TRIPLED. I now have a dropbox folder with scores and parts that I will share with anyone who is interested. Please e-mail me, and I'll invite you to join the folder.

June 2013 UPDATE: I'm still going strong and am adding new arrangements every year.


These files are used by a lot of people, so please copy the files you would like to use to your own computer and PLEASE DO NOT DELETE the ones you are not planning to use from the Dropbox folder!

ADDITIONAL UPDATE: To protect this music from accidental deletion, I have had to upgrade to a professional dropbox program. I like to make this music available to musicians for free, but in order to make sure that these arrangements are available I now have to pay $99 a year. If you would like to help out with the expense of keeping these available. please send me an email message, and I'll send you my postal address.

JULY 2015 UPDATE I have renamed the folder, so if the link I sent you no longer works, please e-mail me so that I can send you a new one! Here are some new arrangements from this year:

No comments: