Saturday, May 26, 2007

Armando Aguirre sings Barrio de tango



My favorite recording of "Barrio de tango" is by Roberto Goyeneche, but this performance by Armando Aguirre singing in the style of Goyeneche (while sitting at his computer so I can watch and listen while sitting at my computer) is also great.

While spending time at the tango site that has the link to Goyeneche, I found this collection of scores. For a real treat, look at Horacio Salgan's "A Fuego Lento." You can listen to a great recording of it here.

Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Jason Heath said...

Great video, Elaine! I was just reading the latest American String Teacher journal--you do some work for them, don't you? Great new look to the blog, BTW.

Elaine Fine said...

Thanks Jason! I haven't seen the American String Teacher Journal yet, but I just joined ASTA last week so I can get a copy of the article (I guess it's about time, huh?). It was a great privilege to interview those wonderful fiddle players in Indianapolis back in September. I'm glad you like the new look of my blog. My husband Michael helped me to make my blog look more like his.