Friday, July 08, 2011

Vegan Blueberry Lemon Almond Milk Muffins


I bought a half gallon of Silk unsweetened almond milk last week (to use in a non-sweet recipe), and decided to try it in some baking. I am really excited about this recipe, so I thought I'd share it here.

VEGAN BLUEBERRY LEMON ALMOND MILK MUFFINS

Preheat the oven to 375, and line a 12-muffin muffin tin with cupcake liners (or muffin liners, I guess).

Dry Ingredients:

1 cup white flour (I used "better for bread")
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar

Wet Ingredients:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
the zest and juice of one large lemon (I find it best to zest first, and squeeze later.)
1/4 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries

Mix the wet ingredients, mix the dry ingredients, pour the wet into the dry and mix just enough so that everything is incorporated. Add the blueberries, fill the muffin tins, and bake for 25 minutes.

2 comments:

Michael Leddy said...

I have eaten
the muffin
that was on
the blue plate

and which
you were probably
saving
for dessert

Forgive me
it was delicious
so lemon
and so blueberry

Carol Lebow said...

These were delicious. I used 1 1/2 cups of white whole wheat flour (King Arthur), and zest/juice of a lime (no lemons on hand).
I loved Michael's poem.