Friday, September 27, 2013

New Music for Clarinet and Viola

Here's a brand new set of pieces I wrote for clarinet and viola (three character pieces and one transcription, to be exact) that I just put in the IMSLP. One character piece is modal, one is 12-tone (with only three deviations from strict "by-the-book" 12-tone writing), and one is pure Marxian (as in the Marx Brothers). The piece is dedicated to my violist friend Lydia Tang and our composer friend Peter Michalove.



The transcription is of the Haydn Trio I wrote about last week.

Here's a performance:



You can get the music here.

2 comments:

Sebastian Stefanovic said...

I don't know if you will see this, Ms. Fine, but my clarinetist friend and I are working on this piece after seeing it online looking for duets. We just wanted to say that we are enjoying it a lot and hello from the Baltimore School for the Arts!
Thank you for your wonderful music
-Sebastian Stefanovic, viola; Silvio Guitian, clarinet

Elaine Fine said...

Thank you, Sebastian. I'm glad you are having fun with it.