Wednesday, November 02, 2011

String Bag "Life Hack"

I have been using string bags for my groceries for a couple of years now, and I always keep them in my shoulder bag. Sometimes they get tangled up in other stuff, which is why I invented this "life hack." I thought I'd share it here.

Two string bags:



Two string bags tangled in my shoulder bag:



I take an odd sock (who doesn't have one of these?) . . .



I put my hand in the sock . . .



and grab the handles of the string bags . . .



slipping the sock, pillowcase style, over the string bags.



La voila!



Then I put the stuffed sock it in my bag where it acts as a very light and non-bulky cushion for whatever else I have in there. No more tangles!



[Notice that I put the most attractive book in my library in the bag?]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genius! I learn so much here.

Elaine said...

This is the same technique I use for handling unsavory objects (dead squirrels, droppings of pets with deadbeat owners, spoiled foods, and trash dumped on the curb by people whose parents did not love them enough to teach them manners.)

A most Excellent Approach to many of life's little contretemps. thank you!