Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Uncommon Schools

The other day I watched a DVD with our son Ben, who will begin tutoring at a charter school next month. It was a demonstration DVD that came tucked into the back of Teach Like a Champion, a book that outlines the teaching philosophy embraced by Uncommon Schools.

It inspired me, so I thought I'd share some of the online content here.



This movement is all about building better teachers in order to have a better world. Everybody who teaches (or wants to teach) can benefit from these teaching methods.

1 comment:

Tamsyn Spackman said...

I love charter schools. I was homeschooled myself, and I loved it, but I recognize that homeschooling isn't for everyone, and charter schools are an excellent option for parents who want to be more involved. We have a few charter schools in our area, and they have done so much to lift our community. Thank you for sharing!