Friday, May 23, 2008

New Music for Viola and Piano

It took me a long time to finally finish these Two pieces for Viola and Piano. They went through a lot during the past six months or so, changing names, changing instruments, changing shape, and adjusting to the various ebbs and flows of my inner psyche. I am happy that the problems I was dealing with while working on these pieces are finally resolved; and the pieces, which ended up being a kind of therapy for my own extra-musical struggles, are finally finished.

Update: It is going to be performed on November 15th of this year at 5:00 p.m. in the Memorial Room of Smith Hall on the campus of the University of Illinois in Urbana, Illinois by violist Asli Gultekin, the piece's dedicatee, and pianist Remmington Clarke. I'll be there.

No comments: