Thursday, April 24, 2008

Meme (123)

Michael tagged me with this blogging meme, so I will respond:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

And I saw that it was a carpet, that flew like a bird; and I was in a valley of flying carpets, that flew to and fro. So lying on my stomach and quaking in great fear, for I knew not whether I would plunge to destruction, I gripped the side of my carpet and flew down into the valley. And the valley was so thick with those flying creatures that I felt them brush against my cheeks and fingers; and I held tight with one hand, and covered my face with the other.

From "The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad," a story in Steven Millhauser's The Barnum Museum. Out of context the "creatures" seem to be other flying carpets, but in the story the creatures are rocs.



Let's see what we get from T, Alex, Tom, Lisa, and Jen.

No comments: